M&A initiatives and Strategic Partnerships are an effective way to scale, extend reach and access new technologies, capabilities or markets. They are a vital part of a company’s growth strategy.
Strategic Partnerships typical cover the following deal spectrum:
- M&A: a full acquisition , merger or majority investment
- Equity Joint Venture: Majority (50% + X) or Minority (50%-X) Equity JV
- Minority Investment: Acquisition of a non-controlling stake in a company
- Alliances: typical a joint R&D, Production or even Co-Marketing cooperation
- Supplier Agreement - from a strategic supplier relationship to a one-time purchase at arm’s length principle
The ability to form strategic and sustainable partnerships is a critical competitive advantage in todays highly competitive market environment.
Knowing your options with all pros and cons is an important first step before you deep dive into specific options.