This template helps ensure long-term profitable growth and market leadership position of all business units or product groups.
This PowerPoint template is based on the active portfolio management approach by the leading global technology company ABB. The ABB management has presented the slides in their investor presentation for 2019/20.
Active portfolio management is an important strategic tool to evaluate and develop a profitable and sustainable portfolio of business units or divisions at all levels of an organization. For example, ABB continuously questions itself whether they are the best division or business unit owner. The portfolio management tool also supports the management to steer the different divisions and business units in line with their strategic mandates.
This template can be applied to systematically evaluate the performance of our portfolio mix of product groups, business units, divisions, or shareholdings.
Strategic mandate - fix the structure
• Needs management attention
• Disciplined cost management
• Complexity reduction and efficiency improvements
Profitability - improve margin/return profitability
• Focus on growth to improve scale
• Strategic measures
Growth - high margin/return growth
• Actively pursue M&A opportunities to fill white spots and steer our overall portfolio mix toward high-growth sectors.
• Look for regional growth opportunities
This tool or framework gives you guidance and a systematic approach to
• Optimize your portfolio (product, business unit, division, etc.)
• Facilitate capacity and resource management
• Ensure continuous monitoring and visibility of the status of your businesses
• Integrate top-down planning and bottom-up execution
The template contains sample data and needs to be adjusted to business needs. All of the templates are 100% editable without any restrictions.